We followed the highest sanitation standard per York Region Regulation. We do not take walk-ins; our services are timed an hour apart to properly disinfect & sanitize workstations, equipment, and tools between clients and maintain the highest safety level. Therefore, if a client arrives late for an appointment and has particular difficulty with their nails/feet that need extra attention, some portions of your service, like the massage/hot stone, may be reduced or excluded to give technicians sufficient time to perform safe disinfection routines between clients and remain on schedule, without rushing the experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Welcome and review of the Client form – children under 16 must complete the form by an adult.
2. Feet and hands are examined (respectfully) to identify any health risks for the client and our salon and to customize your service.
3. Prepare the client for the Coconut Village experience.
4. If a client shaved their legs on the day of getting a pedicure, the staff may decline service for everyone’s protection. We put the health of our clients first and apologize if we have to reschedule a client.
5. All metal implements are sanitized and submerged in 70% Alcohol or higher, as per Public Health, for disinfectant and sealed once air-dry. All files and buffers are disposable, one-time use per client. We use non-porous Ceramic pedicure tubs for a safer experience; no pipes to trap bacteria.
7. Diabetes: We take extra precautions with diabetic clients; no pushing back cuticles or nipping. All first-time clients MUST complete our intake form before services
9. Pregnancy: For our client’s best interest, we recommend you talk to your doctor before receiving a pedicure.
10. Coconut Village Spa NEVER uses Razors or Cheese grater. The use of a razor (called a “Credo” blade) to remove calluses is not regulated in Ontario. The razor blades themselves are never sterile, so when injuries happen, and they do, it increases the chance of infection. In addition, we are not happy nippers; we believe a good cuticle oil and a buffer will take care of it. Therefore, we only clipped if there was a hang nail.
Lastly, your safety is your responsibility, so we encourage clients to ask questions, pay attention and refuse services when they feel unsafe.
THANK YOU FOR READING AND EDUCATING YOURSELF ABOUT OUR PROTOCOL AND POLICY.